Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Hump Day!

I made myself a blackberry banana smoothie to drink on my way to the gym this morning. I swam drills for about 30 minutes, followed by 45 minutes of pool running, followed by a 15 minute pool weight workout. I was a prune by the time I got out of the water!

Blackberry Banana Smoothie

- 1 whole, fresh banana (very ripe)
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1/4 cup raw oats
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- tablespoon ground flax
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 7 ice cubes
- teaspoon raw honey



My long pool workout left me extremely hungry for lunch. I made myself a veggie BLT on sprouted grain bread. Here's the veggie bacon that I use on my BLTs.


I had a HUGE honeycrisp apple with my sandwich.


Come dinnertime my eyes were bigger than my stomach. I roasted veggies (brussels sprouts, broccoli, bell pepper, onion and carrot) tossed with whole wheat linguine and homemade reduced fat alfredo sauce. This has become a favorite recipe of mine! Love it. I saved about 1/3 of the pasta and veggies on my plate for lunch tomorrow.


Ok, back to work!

0 comments: