Friday, September 25, 2009

Gut Busting Dinner

I was planning on a long run this morning until I remembered it's FRIDAY and my long run is TOMORROW. Duh! So I went to the Y and did a short, fast treadmill run followed by a 45 minute stretch class. Before heading to the Y I had a small cup of cereal.


A few hours after getting home I made a lazy lunch.

Spinach and Fruit Smoothie

- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 of a green apple
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw oats (old fashioned, rolled oats)
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon raw honey


And a piece of sprouted grain toast with almond butter and jam.


I had an afternoon snack of a handful of raw almonds and a few bites of cold black bean and veggie mix (leftover sweet potato topping from Wednesday's dinner). I didn't photograph either snack.

For dinner Chris and I went to a new Greek restaurant in our neighborhood. We ordered the mixed veggie appetizer.

- Pita
- Hummus
-Tzatziki
- Feta
- Peppers
-Olives


And I had a falafel pita as my entree.


Everything tasted great but I ate WAY too much. I was uncomfortably full after dinner so we took Bella for a walk around the neighborhood to expedite digestion. I hate it when I overeat without realizing it! I need to be more mindful of that in the future.

0 comments: