Friday, October 02, 2009

Tardy Thursday

What a great Thursday! I woke up early and hit the road for a 7 mile run. It was wonderful! The temperature was cool and I was able to watch the sunrise while pounding the pavement. My left knee started to get twingey on me near the end so I walked the last mile.

Once home and showered I thought I'd knock a few errands out of the way first thing. I stopped at Starbucks on my way back to the house for a latte. My latte wasn't very good today so I only drank about 1/2 of it. I think the barista forgot my 3rd shot of espresso so it tasted too milky. Anyway, I enjoyed a new bar to go along with my milky coffee.


I couldn't resist picking up this 18 Rabbits Cheeky Cherry Chocolate handmade granola bar when I was in Southern California. I've been waiting for the right moment to try it. I wasn't very hungry for breakfast this morning so I figured this would be the perfect amount of food. It was delicious! Very chewy with just the right amount of chocolate and a subtle cherry flavor.


I got to work and knocked out a big project and then broke for lunch around 1:00 pm. I had the leftover pasta from last night and a bowl of honey flax cottage cheese topped with a diced peach and the rest of my pom seeds.


My pasta was just as delicious today.


The honey flax cottage cheese was surprisingly good! I took about 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese and mixed in a heaping tablespoon of ground flax seed and a teaspoon of raw honey. The flax gave it a rich, nutty flavor that went well with the sweet peach and tart, crunchy pom seeds.


A few hours later I wanted something sweet so I thawed one of my frozen peanut butter blondies and ate it with a small piece of crumbled dark chocolate and a mug of tea.


Since our weather was so glorious this morning I opened all of the doors and windows and turned off the air conditioner. Around 4 pm I realized I was sweating so I thought I'd try this ice cold sparkling green tea beverage made by Coca Cola. You'll notice that our thermostat reads 82 degrees. I grudgingly closed the doors and windows and turned the air conditioner back on.


There's only 5 calories in the can, but it contains Aspartame (artificial sweetener also known as Equal). It was cool and refreshing but since I try very hard to avoid all artificial sweeteners I doubt I'll be a regular Enviga drinker. If they offered an unsweetened version, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat!


Around 7:00 I headed over to my friend Katie's new house for a girl's night. Sneakily shot a photo of the food spread without my flash.


I was busy gabbing and nibbling, so this is approximately what I ate...

- 3 slices of cheese
- 6 crackers
- 4 baby carrots
- 1 pretzel
- handful grapes
- handful mixed nuts
- 1 chocolate dipped strawberry
- 1.5 glasses of red wine

Their cute dog Sasha was a social butterfly who refused to stay still for a proper photo. She was busy licking my pants (she could taste/smell Bella) and saying hello to everybody.


Oh, and showing off her sock monkey.


It was a fun evening! I was BEAT by the time I got home, thus the tardy post. Have a great Friday everybody.

0 comments: