Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Scuppernong Smoothie

Those kale chips filled me up! I wasn't hungry until about 9:30 this morning. I had a bowl of Optimum Slim with a sliced banana.


Breakfast held me over until about 2:00 when I suddenly became very hungry. I didn't feel like preparing much so I surveyed our refrigerator and came up with this crazy smoothie.

- 2 large kale leaves
- 7 scuppernong grapes
- 1/2 of a banana
- heaping tablespoon ground flax
- heaping tablespoon oat bran
- large scoop low fat cottage cheese
- ice
- water

It was pretty darn good! The grape flavor was by far the most prominent. Since the scuppernongs are super sweet, the smoothie was sweet, too. I left the skins on and seeds in the grapes, which is where much of the nutrition lies.


Late this afternoon I headed to the local lap pool for some drill training. I managed to do about 40 minutes of drills before I was bored out of my mind! I ran a few errands on my way home from the gym and had a coffee while I was on-the-go. I didn't have my camera with me and I figured you didn't need yet another coffee photo! But when I did get home I was hungry so I made myself a snack of 1/2 of a banana (leftover from the 1/2 that was used in my smoothie), a teaspoon of almond butter and a teaspoon of raw cacao coconut butter. This seriously tasted like dessert.


A few hours later I made myself dinner. Roasted veggies and whole wheat fettucini with homemade reduced fat alfredo sauce. Here are the veggies before going into the oven (broccoli, carrot, onion, bell pepper & brussels sprouts).


And I had a little wine while cooking!


Dinner was SO GOOD. I seriously could have polished off an entire second plate of dinner. But I restrained myself and saved the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I can't wait!


0 comments: