Friday, September 04, 2009

Tired Friday

I was planning on going for a decent length run (around 8 miles) this morning, but I have felt tired and run down all day. I listened to my body and gave myself a rest day.

Apple Pie Oats was on the menu this morning. Man, was this tasty!

- 1/3 cup oats cooked with 1/2 of a small banana
- flax and cinnamon stirred in at the end of cooking
- topped with the rest of the banana and a few crumbles of apple pie

So comforting and filling.



I decided to go healthy and easy for lunch. Steamed broccoli and carrots with whole wheat pasta, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, parmesan, salt & pepper.


Chris flew home from NYC this afternoon and I greeted him at the door with this fabulous lunch. He called me on his way home and told me he was going to stop for fast food so I offered to make him lunch instead. Brie baguette, fruit & a peanut butter blondie. I may have had a few bites of a blondie myself!


Several hours later I put out some leftovers for dinner. We had a nice dinner chatting about our week and nibbling on veggies, bread, dips, cheese and fruit.





And I enjoyed a glass of chardonnay with dinner.


I switched to Perrier after my one glass of wine because I have to go pick up a friend at the airport in a few hours.

Have a great holiday weekend!

1 comments:

Les said...

Love the upgrade! And I can attest to the leftovers being yummy.