Tuesday, September 08, 2009

From Downward Dog to Guided Down

Even after my late night bowl of oats I still woke up hungry! I had a piece of sprouted grain toast with almond butter and jam.


Followed by an icy smoothie. My stomach needed bulk so I used a lot of ice in this smoothie to make it more hefty.

- 4 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- scoop of 0% Fage
- flax
- lots of ice
- water


I took a 90 minute yoga class that had me doing handstands and screaming pigeon! After yoga I went across the street to Dandelion and got a giddyup wrap for lunch. Vegan chili and greens in a whole wheat wrap with a side of hemp hummus.



When I got home I took my vitamin. I take a daily multi vitamin and realized I'd never photographed it!


At 6:30 pm today Bella and I started level 2 obedience training. She made me look bad! In preparation for the next level of classes we've been practicing the basics at home. She had sit, guided down, stay, come, drop it, leave it, and shake all down pat.....until we got to class! She was so interested in all of the smells, sights and sounds that she could have cared less that I was pleading with her to sit. Little bugger! I guess we have our work cut out for ourselves.


I whipped up a quick dinner once we were home. I made my favorite rice, Forbidden Rice, with carrots, celery, zucchini, tomato and kidney beans sauteed in olive oil, cumin, turmeric, garam masala and black pepper. I topped it all with a dollop of 0% Fage.


Forbidden rice is a gorgeous deep purple.



And for dessert I had a Skinny Cow ice cream! Chris loves these so we almost always have them in the house but I rarely eat them. Tonight I had a bit of a sweet tooth and this seemed like the best option.


Back to work! I have to squeeze in a bit more work before calling it a night.

0 comments: