Saturday, September 12, 2009

Oddly Productive Saturday

On one hand it feels like this day was a waste. On the other hand it feels like I got a lot accomplished. I started the day with a small bowl of Optimum Slim topped with a small organic banana. I was not hungry when I woke up but I had a long run ahead of me and I knew I wasn't going to be eating anything during the run.


After digesting for about thirty minutes I hit the road. I did NOT feel like running today. I was supposed to run 13 miles but I cut it short at 10. I just wasn't feeling it today. The skies were turning black, too, so I thought 10 miles was good enough.

After showering and dressing we took Bella to Winter Park for a training session in the midst of chaos. She responds well to our commands inside the house, but we need to do more training "in the field" where she's confronted with distractions. Since it was raining we headed to Palmanos off of Park Avenue for a breakfast treat and a training session. It's a dog friendly coffee house with covered outdoor seating.

Remember that amazing apple bran muffin I ate a week or so ago? I got the last one today! However, I was SORELY disappointed. It was NOT good. According to the barista they've been having trouble with their muffin consistency. The bakery from which they purchase their baked goods often has different people baking the products, which yields different results. I didn't eat much more than what's pictured here.


We made a quick pass through the Winter Park Farmers Market and I picked up some muscadine and scuppernong grapes, brussels sprouts, grape tomatoes, carrots and bell peppers. I ate several grapes once we got home.

*Native to the southeast, both grapes (muscadines & scuppernongs) are muscadines. The term scuppernong refers to the bronze type of muscadine originally grown in North Carolina. In grapes, resveratrol is found primarily in the skin and seeds. This is particularly true for muscadine grapes, whose skin and seeds have been reported to have about one hundred times the concentration as the pulp. In mouse and rat experiments, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, blood-sugar-lowering and other beneficial cardiovascular effects of resveratrol have been reported. (*source: Wikipedia)

I knew I needed to eat lunch to refuel from my run but I just wasn't hungry. I put together this pathetic lunch -- leftover Forbidden rice topped with grape tomatoes and 0% Fage. I made the mistake of turning on Hoarders while trying to eat. I couldn't do it. The show grossed me out so much that half of my lunch went down the garbage disposal.


A few hours later I made myself a cup of tea and a tiny dessert. I reheated 1/2 of a frozen peanut butter blondie topped with some dark chocolate. I honestly didn't really want to to eat this but knew I needed the calories, especially since I'm going on a long bike ride tomorrow morning and have a noon swim lesson.


After my "snack" I decided to book our plane tickets to Paris! Yay! I'm very excited. We're celebrating our anniversary next month in Paris. It's been a long time since we've taken a real vacation together. And I got a great deal on our flights using miles.

Dinner time came and I still wasn't hungry. The ONLY thing that sounded remotely appetizing was thin crust veggie pizza. I ordered a thin crust pizza with bell peppers and onions on the entire pizza, and added black olives to one half and pineapple to the other half. I ate a slice of each half and it tasted good. When I eat pizza it's exclusively thin, crispy crust. I try to make pizza as "healthy" as I can by ordering lots of veggies on a thin crust.


After dinner I jumped in the pool to practice some swimming drills. I have a swim lesson tomorrow and I didn't have much time to practice this week. Now, it's time for another training session with the pup. I'm determined to have the best dog in class!

So although I felt like this was a lazy Saturday, I did accomplish quite a bit.

- Ran 10 miles
- Farmers market
- 2 dog training sessions
- Booked trip to Paris
- Practiced swimming drills

Good night!

0 comments: