Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Rambo didn't have an afro!

Busy day! I was so enamored with my pina colada smoothie yesterday that I made a different version of it for breakfast today.

Strawberry Pina Colada Breakfast Smoothie

- 10 cubes canned pineapple
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3 frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup raw oats


This was the first smoothie I couldn't finish. It was FILLING. So delicious, but so filling! It held me until 2:00 pm! I went to the gym this morning and did 4 miles on the treadmill followed by yoga class. It felt wonderful! On my way home I got a cappuccino for a caffeine boost.


For lunch I had the other half of my sub from last night and an apple.


I had my last swimming lesson this evening. We had record high temps today so it felt good to jump in the pool. My swimming buddy, Leslee, was on the phone before swimming and said "Rambo didn't have an afro!" I just thought that was the funniest bit of conversation to overhear out of context!

Once home from swimming I made myself roasted veggies with baked eggs. Here are the veggies before going into the oven -- sweet potatoes, carrots, bell pepper and onion.


While the veggies were roasting I had two almond clusters to tide me over.


I tossed the veggies with olive oil, salt & pepper and roasted them at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes and then cracked two eggs in the center of the veggies. I returned the pan to oven and continued cooking for another 10 minutes.


I topped my veggies and eggs with hot sauce and added some organic mixed greens dressed with balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Hit the spot!


And for dessert I had 1/2 of a sliced banana with a scoop of chocolate peanut butter ice cream.


Have a wonderful evening!

1 comments:

Les said...

So funny!