Thursday, October 08, 2009

Whirlwind Thursday!

This week is flying by! I can't believe it's two hours from Friday. YIKES. I hate to say this but I wish it was Wednesday! Where does the time go?

I was in high gear from the moment I opened my eyes today. I flew out of bed (*ahem* ...totally my fault since I overslept) and got to work. I had to blow off my morning run because I had no time! Poor planning on my part. I kept my breakfast light since I knew I was meeting friends for an early lunch and had a big dinner planned. I had a piece of sprouted grain toast with almond butter and jam and a big 'ole mug of black tea with milk and a touch of local, raw honey.


I work - work - worked until I could work no more then sprinted out of the house to meet some friends at Greens & Grille for lunch. I had a salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, garbanzo beans, sunflower seeds, egg, feta cheese, cranberries with a splash of citrus balsamic vinaigrette and an unsweet iced tea.


I ran a few errands then dashed home to work - work - work some more until my stomach decided to remind me it was snack time. I had a fruit & nut crostini with a bit of almond butter...


...and the most DELICIOUS flavored yogurt I've ever eaten. I tried Chobani's new 2% pineapple flavor today and OMG it was sooooo yummy. Like dessert. No lie. If you like pineapple, you must try this.


I had dinner plans tonight at Seasons 52, a local restaurant that changes it's menu seasonally and keeps it's menu item calorie count under 475 calories an entree. Due to the nature of the restaurant (very dark) and the company I was with, I didn't want to spend time fussing over getting good shots of my food. Sorry guys! I had 1.5 glasses of Petite Sirah wine (unphotographed) and the three of us shared this flat bread to start.


And I ordered the cranberry tabbouleh salad, which was excellent...


I had the Autumn Vegetable Platter as my entree (roasted squash, golden beets, roasted carrots, steamed broccoli, mushrooms, onion, tofu, and organic long grain rice in a roasted red pepper). This was excellent and very filling. I probably ate about 70% of my entree.


I can't go to Seasons 52 without indulging in one of their mini desserts. I had their Mocha Macchiato and a decaf coffee.


When I got home I snapped a photo of my new shirt that I wore to dinner. I got it on clearance at Anthropologie. I love it!


Later gators!

1 comments:

Les said...

I totally agree on the Chobani pineapple yogurt! I love it too. My absolute favorite of all their flavors.