Monday, October 05, 2009

Chocolate Filled Monday

I had an excellent Monday! Hope you did, too. It started with a small bowl of Cascadian Farms high fiber cereal with fresh raspberries, almonds and milk.


I got some work done, went for a short walk, then went to yoga. It was a good class today! Lots of sun salutations, which means lots of Chaturangas and Warrior I's. On my way home from yoga all I could think about was a spinach smoothie, so that's exactly what I had.

- 2 heaping cups organic spinach
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 green apple
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup raw oats
- tablespoon ground flax seed
- teaspoon raw honey
- 8 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup water


The smoothie chilled me to the bone so I had a big mug of hot tea and warmed up a small slice of my mini banana loaf topped with almond butter and a square of extra dark chocolate.


After a few minutes the chocolate had melted...it was heavenly!


I knew I was going to be eating a light dinner so I had this snack plate late in the afternoon before I got on an important conference call. Kashi crackers, extra sharp cheddar, pickles and grape tomatoes.


And I met some friends for dinner tonight at a very dark restaurant (pardon the dark photo). I ordered their house green salad with dressing on the side and a glass of barely mediocre merlot.


On my way home I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few things and noticed their Haagen-Dazs ice cream was on sale. I couldn't resist a pint of chocolate peanut butter! I helped myself to a small scoop once home.


Now I'm off to climb in bed with some herbal tea and start my new book!

0 comments: