Monday, October 12, 2009

Cake for Breakfast

You know I couldn't let that chocolate cake sit in the refrigerator for long.

PEACHY CHOCOLATE CAKE OATS!!!!
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats cooked with 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup water, 1/2 of a sliced banana and a dash of salt
- Near the end of cooking stir in tablespoon of ground flaxseed and tablespoon cottage cheese
- Top with 1/2 of a diced peach, two tablespoon crumbled chocolate cake and a sprinkle of almonds


After breakfast I made a doctor's appointment for myself to have my knee and foot checked out. I was feeling sorry for myself so I had half of an apple bran muffin with a smear of raw cashew butter.


I had a productive work day today and I finally broke for lunch around 3pm. I had a bowl of leftover corn and black bean salad from last night.


Followed by a mug of tea, dark chocolate square, and two chapters of my book!


Around 7pm I jumped in the pool and did a quick 35 minute pool running workout. I waited until the sun had set because I'm frankly tired of being in the sun. I know that may be hard for people in cold climates to understand, but the sun can get old (and make you LOOK old, too!). You don't have to apply sunscreen after dark. The pool was still so warm (about 95) so it was a toasty pool running workout.

After I got out of the water I showered and made myself exactly what I was craving for dinner -- wine, bread, cheese and pear. It's a classic flavor combo that hit the spot tonight. Not too exciting, but delicious.


And for dessert I had MORE chocolate cake and a scoop of chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Heaven. I made Chris eat the remaining chocolate cake for dessert. It's all gone (whew!).


See ya tomorrow!

0 comments: