Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Work, Swim, Train

I had three objectives today: 1. work 2: swim workout 3. dog training. To get my day started I had a hearty bowl of oatmeal.

Nutty Banana Flax Oatmeal

- 1/3 cup oats cooked with 1/2 sliced banana, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup milk & pinch of salt
- mix in tablespoon ground flax at the end of cooking
- top with remaining banana, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), almonds, and almond butter


Training? Did you say dog training? Who me?


We had another training class tonight so we did a little extra work this morning practicing her sit/stays.


And after getting a work project done I broke for an obscure yet delicious lunch. Leftover veggie pizza...


...and a pina colada smoothie. It was so good!

- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 10 cubes canned pineapple
- 1/2 cup of juice from canned pineapple
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 10 ice cubes


Around 4 o'clock I decided to ride my bike to the community pool for a swim workout. I rode my old school hybrid instead of my road bike. I have a handy dandy storage bag on the back to hold my towel, water, goggles, etc.


The pool was fairly empty and I had a wide lane all to myself.


Between the bike ride and the swim, I worked out for just over an hour. I was super hungry and I knew dinner wouldn't happen for several hours so I had a snack of some veggies and a wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese.


After Bella's training class we stopped for subs on the way home. I got a dry veggie sub on wheat with baked Lays. Before eating it I took off 75% of the cheese and added spicy mustard. It was LOADED with swiss.


And for dessert I had a square of extra dark chocolate and a mug of peppermint tea.


Time to get back to work!

0 comments: