Sunday, October 11, 2009

Decadi

Thank Goodness It's Sunday. I'm reading a book that's set in France in the late 1790s when they were still following the Republican Calendar. The new calendar system only lasted for a short while (around 12 years), but when it was in force the week was increased from 7 to 10 days and people only got one day of rest every 10 days. The 10th day, or decadi, was the day of rest. Can you imagine that?

Thankfully this morning was truly restful. Since I didn't get to bed until about 2:00 am I blew off my AM workout and slept in. Ahhh, it felt great! We rolled out of bed around 10:00 am and were at Starbucks by around 11:30 am. I had a triple grande latte. Just what I needed!

And I stole three bites of Chris's old fashioned doughnut.


We ran some errands and ended up at PF Chang's for a late lunch around 3:00 pm. I had a pot of green tea and ice water to drink.


For my entree I ordered two starters....tofu lettuce cups (ate about half)...


...and steamed veggie dumplings (ate all four).


My fortune was inspiring!


And I now know how to say 'wine' in Chinese -- how appropriate and useful!


After lunch we went grocery shopping and I had to visit two grocery stores in order to stock up on my new favorite yogurt flavor -- Pineapple Chobani. I bought the store's ENTIRE inventory of this flavor in order to encourage them to continue stocking it. That's how much I love this stuff. Of course I had to eat one immediately once we were home.


After a nap and some laundry I decided to whip up a cold salad for dinner. Here are the ingredients...


And I drank a glass of zinfandel while cooking.


I made a black bean and corn salad based off of this recipe. I've made this several times before and it's a huge hit with Chris. If you can, use fresh corn and fresh lime juice. So good.


I had a piece of garlic bread toast on the side.


And for dessert I had a piece of Amy's Organic Vegan Chocolate Cake with a squirt of real whipped cream. I swear, this is the BEST chocolate cake. You can find it in the freezer section of your grocery store. It's so incredibly moist and delicious. I might have to incorporate some into my oatmeal one morning this week!


Yet another weekend is coming to a close. How do they go by so darn fast?

0 comments: